Community Policing – this is a constant cooperation of the police with the population and local authorities. And the main goal of such interaction is to create a common safe space.
The Community Policing approach is built on the principles of constant communication, where:
- the police and the local community together are responsible for security;
- the police respond to local needs and requirements determined by the community;
- communication between the population and the police is effective, and therefore brings appropriate results;
- the approach to solving each of the local problems is individual;
- cooperation is aimed at preventing offenses and creating a prevention plan.
We have been conducting trainings since the first year of police reform (2016) on combating discrimination against vulnerable social groups. And we organize joint meetings of the police with representatives of such groups. These are women, the LGBT+ community, Roma, religious and ethnic communities.